As a career nanny, you have a number of avenues for finding a job but finding just the right family can be a tricky task. You want to be respected for your experience and knowledge, compensated fairly, and treated as a professional. Using a local nanny agency can meet your needs, offers you peace of mind and many other advantages.
Motherhood Center has been in the nanny business for 19 years. We have placed nannies with all different types of families, and we take the act of having the best nannies on our roster very seriously. We want our nannies to have a clear understanding about who we are, the services we provide, and the expectations that come with being a career nanny with Motherhood Center.
We love that the nannies we place come back to us time and time again to find their next position. They realize the advantages that we offer them as a local, professional agency. They know that we only work with top career nannies, and when we represent them, it gives them additional credibility as a career nanny.
We admit, we don’t spend much time scoping out what other agencies are doing, but we can tell you what to expect as a career nanny who wants to join our agency, and why it’s a great idea to be a part of our nanny agency.
What a Career Nanny Can Expect from Motherhood Center Nanny Agency
Let’s start with some basic philosophies that we have at Motherhood Center.
- Personal Attention & Support. We believe in giving our nannies all the personal attention and support they need from the second they sign with us until they are placed with the perfect family. Our job is to make the process easy as we match your skill set and personality with a family who is specifically looking for someone like you. We will walk you through the interview process with potential families, help you with your resume, offer you classes with our Nanny School, and help you with the final contract. We take care to match your personality with the right families, and offer you jobs that meet your needs.
- Industry Knowledge & Professionalism: When you decide to work with Motherhood Center, you will be treated as a professional. We have been in the career nanny industry for 19 years and we understand the compensation and benefits you should be getting. Our goal is to find you the perfect fit.
- Long-term Success: Our goal at Motherhood Center is long-term success. We do this by providing an employment contract that outlines the job descriptions, duties, compensation, time off, and any other things that might come up. We make it a point to help you transition smoothly into your new family, by supporting you and being with you every step of the way.
- On-going Support: We offer ongoing support even after you have been placed with a family. We have events for nannies to network with fellow nannies, as well as ongoing training opportunities for development. We want you to expand your skills as a nanny professional.
Why Join Motherhood Center Nanny Agency
We get a lot of questions from our nannies, so we thought we would give you some of the ins and outs of why a career nanny should join our roster.
- When using our agency, a career nanny can focus on connecting with the family and finding the right match.
- Motherhood Center Nanny Agency takes care of the contract negotiation.
- As a nanny at Motherhood Center, you don’t pay any fees.
- We offer a Nanny School, where you can get extra training as needed.
- We offer CPR classes you can take, as our nannies are required to be CPR certified.
- We will help you if needed with mediating with the family after you are placed. You are their employee, but if there is a problem that you can’t solve, we are happy to give advice.
What to Expect When Interviewing with Motherhood Center Nanny Agency
The main question we get is “How long does it take to find a job?” We know this is every career nanny’s concern, and our concern is to find you a job as quickly as possible, particularly with a great family that is a perfect match for you. But, before we get to matching you with a family, we have a very detailed interview process we have all our nannies complete.
- First have you fill out our initial application
- Next, we set up a phone interview.
- If we all agree it went well during the phone interview, we will send you 10 open-ended questions to answer. These are related to child care and will need to be answered before the in-person interview.
- The next step is an in-person interview and a hands-on practical test.
- We call your references and do a background check and a driving record check.
- We start setting you up with families!
We are highly selective with the career nanny we take on for our clients. But, don’t let that scare you off from applying to be one of our nannies. We feel that our Nanny Agency will help you find better positions. The families that use us want to find the best nanny for their family and they want to employ their career nanny fairly and legally. If you want to talk to us about becoming a career nanny, just contact us to fill out our application and we will get back to you if we feel you are a good fit!