Nothing can prepare you for twins, or can it? Motherhood Center is pleased to bring you the perfect ‘expecting twins’ classes. Taught by our Life After the NICU instructor, Crystal Duffy, this class is perfect for new families who just found out they are expecting two or more, families who already have a child and are NOW expecting twins and want to know what the differences will be, and families who have had their twins and need help with figuring out the fine-tuning of parenting newborns (sleep schedules, feeding issues, interacting with the twins). Houston expecting twins classes will prepare you for everything you need to know BEFORE the twins arrive (including what you need to buy!) and AFTER the twins arrive through their first 6 months of life. It’s the perfect way to get ready to bring home your dynamic duo!
What to Expect from Twiniversity
The Twiniversity Expecting Twins Class is taught over two evenings. Day 1 covers preparing for your twins arrival and Day 2 covers caring for your newborns.
Day 1 will cover everything you need to know BEFORE your bundles of joy arrive! During this three-hour lecture, Crystal will highlight all the important information you need to get you well on your way in preparing your home, yourself, and your relationship for the upcoming arrival of your twins, including:
- What equipment you will need and when (full registry provided)
- What help do you really need and how to find it
- Cheat Sheets on: Hospital Bag Packing List, Pediatrician Interview Questions, Nanny Interview Questions, Dealing with Bed Rest, and Twin Birth Plan Workbook
- Pregnancy concerns and signs of preterm labor
- Vaginal or c-section?
- What happens on the BIG DAY!
- Managing your hospital stay
- Recovering from a c-section
- Dealing with a NICU stay
- What you should have in order BEFORE the twinnies arrive
- Preparing older children and your pets for your new arrivals
- Getting your marriage baby-ready
Day 2 covers what to expect of your new life after the twins are born. Crystal will give you plenty of tips and tricks on how to adjust after your world gets turned upside-down (in a good way!)
- Coming home from the hospital with your newborns
- Getting your twins on a feeding and napping schedule
- How mom and dad can get more sleep
- Nanny vs. daycare vs. staying at home
- Finding and interviewing a Nanny/ Night Nanny/ Babysitter/ Mother’s Helper
- Mistakes new parents make
- Breastfeeding, pumping, and bottle feeding tips and tricks for multiples
- Tips to soothe crying twins
- Diapering 101
- Sleep training
- Bath time x 2
- How to deal with your new relationship (and I don’t mean the kids)
The Details of Twiniversity
All Twiniversity Houston expecting twins classes are held at Carrabba’s, 3115 Kirby Drive, Houston, TX 77098, where there is free valet parking. The class is $250 per family and is taught over two (2) nights. This covers two (2) adults, typically mom plus spouse/partner/family member. The fee also covers lecture, class materials, dinner for two each night, and a goodie bag worth over $100.
Twinversity recommends taking these classes before your twins arrive, but we also welcome parents whose twins are already born, and they recommend taking the classes between 24 – 34 weeks gestation.
Next classes are August 20 and August 27, 2019, and you can register online here.
About Crystal Duffy
Crystal Duffy lives in Houston with her husband, three little girls, and a yappy little Yorkie. Her writing has appeared in Scary Mommy, Mamapeadia, Twins Magazine and she’s a contributing writer for Twiniversity. She’s the author of her memoir, Twin to Twin, which details her high-risk twin pregnancy. Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter and her blog.